Friday, May 27, 2016

Open House 2016!



This year, has been a year where I learned numerous things I would have never learned without being with Mrs. Yollis. Our class was so proud of all of our achievements this year that we decided we would put all put all our wonderful projects up. We had done so many that our class was full!

We were afraid that at Open House, students would forget to show parents everything we have done, so we made a list including all our creative projects. 

I loved all the projects we did this year, however I especially liked our Biographical dioramas and  our turkey characters. 

During Open House,  my favorite stations were the Ivan Station where you compared your arm span to a Gorilla's and the Green Screen Booth where you took a picture with your family and you picked your favorite project and then it made it seem as if my family were in that project.





We had numerous stations including, the Ivan station, Our Gorilla Reports, Badger Claws Journals, Origami Stars, Green Screen Booth, I Would Love To Be a... Poetry, Animal Masc,  Polygon People,  Charlotte's Web Collaborative Slideshow, Paper Portfolios, Digital Portfolios, Absurd Alliteration,  Vowel Consonant Fractions, and finally Symmetry.

Our Origami Stars was a project organized by Karissa and Abby's moms. It took a while to do it and sometimes we messed up, but that's o.k, we tried again and at the end they look magnificent!




I would love to Be A... Poetry was a poetry lesson taught by Mrs. Werve (Lily). You imagined what animal you would want to be, then you wrote a poem about why you would like to be that animal. I chose to be a Grizzly Bear.


    

Our Animal Masc  we made with our journeys buddies. Each pair of buddies was assigned a letter, then you and your buddy chose what animal you liked the best that would start with that letter. For Instance, my buddy and I were assigned the letter M. We hesitated between mouse and monkey but we finally decided monkey. After that, the big buddy chose a fact about that animal and the journeys buddies sounded out M. Lastly, Mrs. Yollis filmed it and we made it into a movie! We were showing the movie with the projector during Open House.


What was your favorite part of Open House?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sporty Katie,
    My favorite part of open house was having my family come and see my work. The worst part about it was that it was so crowded. I guess it has to be crowded because everyone wants to see our wonderful work.

    What was your favorite part of open house?

    Love,
    Pascal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pascal,

    My favorite part of open house was our dioramas. I thought it was a great way t teach people about a person of great importance.

    I also liked those dioramas because I picked someone I didn't know about yet so I learned way more than I would have if I picked someone who I already knew about.

    Sincerely,
    Sporty Katie

    ReplyDelete