Saturday, June 4, 2016

Fire!


This afternoon, when I was reading in my room, I heard my sister call out, " Come see, Sporty Katie! There is a fire outside!" I was so excited and stressed.

Then our whole family went out to gaze at the amazing site.  It was kind of scary because we saw the fire getting really close to some houses. I was terrified by the thought that the fire could burn our house down!

Luckily, we had a lot of firefighters fighting to get the fire out! Sometimes the fire was really close and sometimes it got bigger.

We were almost going to go to our friends' house in Tarzana, but then we watched the news and saw that the fire had calmed down a little bit. We had already packed all our bags just in case we had to leave.



                                  




This was the view from my house. It was really really scary!




Did you see the fire?



Were you scared?

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sporty Katie,

    What a terrific report about the recent fire. It was scary, indeed!

    I found out about the fire when my friend who lives in the community alerted me by phone. I live about twenty-five miles away, but when I looked out my window, I saw the dark smoke.

    She was quite close to the fire line, so we packed our cars with her sentimental items and important papers like a passport. While we waited, we sprayed the eves of the house and the plants around her house with a garden hose.

    What are some things that citizens can do when there is fire?

    Warmly,
    Mrs. Y♥llis



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

      I didn't get to know about the fire until 5 because my mom went to the Hugh School and saw flames and a bunch of people on the streets yelling and calling the firemen. When she came home, I was reading and she was looking at the fire. A while after that she alerted me.

      I think it was a superb idea of yours to make thankl you cards for the firemen. I can imagine how exhausting it was for the firemen. It will surely cheer them up when seeing our cards. I especially liked that we put jokes on them!

      What is another way we could thank the firemen?

      Sincerely,
      Heloise

      Delete
  2. Dear Sporty Katie,
    Since I lived on your street, I also say the fire. I started crying because I didn't want my house to burn down. Have you ever been in another fire. I have, and it was in my back yard.
    Sincerely,
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete