Thursday, June 9, 2016

Graduations!



Yesterday was the last day of school so everybody who was graduating  from Elementary School, Middle School, or High School.

My brother graduated from Elementary School but I didn't get to attend the ceremony because it was during our school time.

However, my sister graduated from Middle School and her time was after school. So, I got to attend her celebration!

Since it was a special event, I had to dress nicely; which means I had to wear a dress.


A plethora of people had brought balloons including me:


First, the graduates walk in with a music that shows that the event is about to start. Then, everybdy cheers and claps when they see their relative, kid or neighbor walking in.



After that, all the graduates sit down on chairs that have already been prepared for them.


Next, all the staff and teachers hand out awards to some remarkable students. I was proud to hear my sister's name in the loudspeaker for being an outstanding student.

My second grade teacher, Ms. Fitzner had had a student named Hannah and Hannah had told her that she was chosen to give a speech at the graduation in front of everybody. I told Ms. Fitzner that I would look for her and I saw her when she was giving an amazing speech.

Did you graduate from a school? Tell me about the ceremony.




1 comment:

  1. Dear Katie
    What a great topic to write about. Its quite different here in New Zealand. Our students go from Primary School from five when they start and they are Y1 to Y8 which is their last year of school before they start and attend a High School. We don't really have a big graduation ceremony when they finish and I didn't really have a big one at High School either.

    I actually have nieces and nephews who have graduated in Washington DC where my brother lives and for them it seemed quite similar to the process that you described.

    I thought that it was great that you added your own photographs to go with the post as it made it easier to understand about how important the ceremony was and what was going on.

    How similar is it to your schools graduation? If you were running the graduation ceremony would you do anything differently or change any part of it?

    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki, New Zealand
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete